Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New things

Crash course on some of the new happenings in life:

My little brother is having a baby! Yay!!! Due October 20. Maybe he/she will be born 10 days early on my birthday. Wouldn't that be fun?

Jeremy bought a motorcycle. I've only ridden it around the neighborhood, but it's really cool. A 1982 Suzuki GS1100. He's been riding it too work, so it's also been nice to have my Honda back on a daily basis. I even vacuumed it out on Sunday! I'll post pictures of the bike as soon as we get some uploaded.

I bought fun things to organize with today! This may not seem like news, but for me this signifies an extra good day.

I have an ear infection for the first time since I was in grade school.

Jeremy and I are planning a weekend backpacking trip in the North Carolina mountains. Fun! Anybody been backpacking in the Appalachians? Any suggestions?

I finally finished reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. An excellent book. Very old-school British vibe with a fantastical twist (19th Century England plus magic).

I'm studying for the GRE which I am scheduled to take Feb. 28. Pray for me on that day! As things stand now (particularly with the quantitative, i.e. math, section) I'll need as much help as I can get.

So that's about it. The boring and the exciting (which, I realize, isn't even all that exciting).

Peace

4 comments:

Patti said...

I can't resist saying:

it is truely amazing that your little brother is having a baby- a medical miracle! LOL :)

Bryan will love to see a picture of the bike. He and Phil will have bike envy!

Amanda W said...

ha ha !! Thanks for keeping me on my toes Patti. ;)

erinlo said...

Jeff actually told me about this post- he's so jealous ya'll are going hiking in the Appalachians. He's ALSO jealous Jeremy got a motorcycle. He's starting to get kind of ancy about getting one- I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold him back!! I don't mind, I just want it to be good timing. Congrats on your brother's baby! SO SO exciting. Sorry about your ear infection- yuck.

I miss you.

Patti said...

Our rule with motorcycles and having kids is LOTS of life insurance!!
Bryan never got his last one running. I imagine he will have one in the next two years! Houston and motorcycles is not a good mix!