Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fudge

(as part of remembering friends series)

My Granny Blair always made fudge at Christmas -- with everyone's favorite recipe off of the marshmellow fluff jar. So now, whenever I make fudge at Christmas (because of course I have to carry on the tradition), I think of my cousin Ryan Sundlie and how when we were little we would eat fudge and play Barbies in my Granny's bedroom. Ryan is the coolest -- he's an artist, a lover of literature, an outdoorsman, now a teacher in the United Arab Emirates, and one of the best "sneaker and hider" around. He's open, friendly, adventurous, down-to-earth and lots of fun. And even better...he's family!

2 comments:

The Sundlies said...

We loved looking at your blog tonight. I've always loved the Barbie story, if only every woman could have a man as well-rounded as mine. :)

The Sundlies said...

That was from Colleen.