Saturday, April 30, 2005

The caffeine world

You would think working in a coffee shop on the upper-middle class side of town wouldn't be full of excitement or surprises but...well, you'd be surprised. Thursday night, for example, just before closing a couple came in and after staring at the menu (and singing along to the radio) all they walked out with was a cup of ice water and some free honey. Last night I had a customer cuss at me because I didn't know how to make the drink he wanted (all I did was ask him what exactly it was and I was perfectly willing to make it for him, but apparently my ignorance was just too much for him to handle). Then just before closing two older couples came in, likely from dinner, and let's just say one of the gentlemen may have had a few too many glasses of wine with his dinner. The fun never stops!

No comments: