Thursday, August 04, 2005

confessions

I'll confess. About a year and a half ago (give or take) I stumbled upon a web site I know many of you are familiar with -- televisionwithoutpity.com. Fantastic web site where admitted t.v. junkies write witty and sarcastic and sometimes scathing recaps of many current hour-long television shoes, cable and network. Anyway, if you have a favorite t.v. show or shows, you should check it out.
But my point is...you should also check out the Tubey Awards. This is where loyal readers submit categories and nominations for those categories regarding the 2004-2005 television season. Some categories include standards like favorite actor, favorite actress, best new show, best returning show, etc. But my favorite categories are the ones like best performance by an inanimate object, best "hell, yeah!" moment, least favorite character, and most redemptive character in an otherwise sucky show. Now, since I don't have cable and haven't for the past year, I couldn't really comment on a lot of the nominations. Technically, my vote isn't as balanced since I can only compare a limited number of the nominations. But who cares! It's just plain fun.

Now go vote!

3 comments:

Jason said...

I voted last night. And like you, I am familiar with a limited number of the nominees, but I think everyone is in that boat since they nominate like 50 shows in each category! All of my best of votes went to either "Eyes" or "Veronica Mars" and sometimes "Arrested Development" and "Alias". I was torn in some cases...
Oh, and my least favorite actors -- Sayid from "Lost" and Lionel Luthor from "Smallville" -- weren't even nominated in that category... I was so disappointed.

Amanda W said...

How can you not like Sayid!

A lot of my votes went to Alias or Joan of Arcadia or The O.C. And of course, The Amazing Race where applicable.

Jason said...

Well, I like the character of Sayid, but I don't like the actor. I think he stinks and the whole love story with Shannon is so forced. I think they should replace him with that guy who played his friend in that one episode where he was working undercover for the USA... Of course, now that he's Emmy-nominated, there's no way that's gonna happen...

Oh yea, I voted for Amazing Race whenever possible, too! I was torn voting either for the Brothers Awesome-o from last season, or Kris and Jon from the season before much of the times... I loved those teams...