Saturday, July 23, 2005

living at the beach

Is it okay to rub it in that I live 15 minutes from a beautiful beach? I never really considered myself a beach person...always was a mountain-girl at heart (and still am) but I'm really growing attached to the sound of waves, the smell of salt water, the warmth of sand between my toes. And the best part is seeing the beach in all seasons and all weather -- in the hot summer, when the water feels so refreshing and in the winter when it's wild and cold and empty. In the morning when the water is a clear, cool blue and you can watch the beach slowly come alive, and in the evening when everything is cozy and mellow.

okay...I'm done waxing "eloquent" for now. :)

And speaking of nothing...anyone as I excited as I am to be reading the new Harry Potter book? Any Harry Potter fans out there? Any Harry haters? because I'd love to change your opinion. ;)

2 comments:

Jason said...

Amanda, you're making me jealous! I've always been a beach bum at heart and I would love living 15 minutes from the waves -- and I hear the ones in N.C. are especially beautiful. I would be hanging there all the time... I love the beach in the morning, just after the run rises and there are only the scattered few early risers there...

Anyway, Sylvia (linked on my blog) LOVES Harry Potter. She bought it at the midnight sale, and had it read the by the next afternoon. She claims that she slept craddling the book in her arms... As for me, I've only seen the movies, but I love 'em. I may have to crack open the source, though.

Jasmine said...

Run rises- sounds like something scooby doo would say. "I ruv run rises!"

i hated harry at first because it seemed like the same ol' poor orphan grows more powerful and rich than all other kids. But now i like it because it's so imaginative and easy to read.