Sunday, July 03, 2005

blind dates

I'm setting two people up on a blind date this week, a girl I go to church with and a guy I work with. It's really fun! I wish I lived in a culture that used matchmakers because I could get all over that career. Although I am a little nervous that if they don't have a good time they'll both hate me. ;) Anybody out there with some good blind date experiences? I've never been on one myself, and of course you always hear about the bad ones.

In other news...camp next week. Jeremy and I are driving (aak!) to Oklahoma to be counselors at Camp Sooner again. We're leaving Friday. It should be a lot of fun. It'll be good to see some of the Tomball crew again, as well as the rest of the camp people. Last year I was a cook, and this year I'm a counselor, so it'll be fun to do something different this time and get to spend more time with the kids.

Happy Fourth!

4 comments:

erinlo said...

I wish I could be at Sooner and see ya'll!! How fun! The Tomball gang will be excited and blessed to be with you. Love you!

hellosputnik said...

How did your try at matchmaking go?

Jasmine said...

i have always wanted to be a camp cook. I have never wanted to be a matchmaker though, and ever since
'Fiddler on the Roof' i've decided i'm glad we don't live in matchmaking times. What sort of things tune you in on which people shold be paired up?

Amanda W said...

Well, the matchmaking has been put on hold for a couple of weeks due to vacations, etc. But I'm optimistic. As far as what tunes me in...I guess common interests, compatible personalities....women's intuition. :) who knows. plus, I may not even be good at it.