Tuesday, July 19, 2005

back to the real world

One of the best things about camp is that it truly takes you away from the world. For a week I existed in an isolated world where the biggest worries were looking for scorpions in my shoes. It's a great place to remember what's important...and what's not. So while I'm bone tired from a week of keeping up with teenagers and 44 hours of driving, I'm feeling deep down good. Because in addition to isolation there's the goodness of seeing old friends and giving to others.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Sounds like a lot of fun... Did you notice that I linked you on my blog! That's probably why you've seen a sudden surge in your readership! Jasmine added you, too, but I bet all the cool people are coming from mine...

Anyway, glad you had a good time at camp. I have mixed memories from my one time at summer camp when I was a boy... My sister was really popular there, and made me self concious about only having a book of skin diseases as my best friend...

Amanda W said...

I feel so cool now! being linked in yours and Jasmine's blog. I've never been a cool kid....