Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Miriam's back!

My car (Miriam for those out-of-the-know) is home from the mechanics and (so far) running right again! It's very exciting, and a real load off my mind. We had some friends here who suggested a mechanic, and it turned out to be a good reference, which is also a nice thing.

We're moving this weekend. Just down the street, but packing is still a pain and I HATE it. Oh well. It'll be over soon.

Anyway. That's a nutshell of what's going on with me right now. I've watched House of Flying Daggers and Thelma and Louise (can you believe I've never seen it?) this week. Both good movies, although I liked House of Flying Daggers better. Really stellar fight scenes, expectedly good cinematography (I know that's spelled wrong) and a good if simple story; one of those classic stories that can be just as moving even if you've heard it before.
Thelma and Louise was interesting because it could have been terrible, but it wasn't. The main police officer was kind of annyoing to me; I didn't feel like they really illustrated his motivation very well, which to me made his actions seem too out of the blue and intense. But Gena Davis and Susan Sarandon rock the house. Oh, and Brad Pitt looks almost like a skeleton he's so skinny.

Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Actually, you spelled cinematography right! I'm so proud of you!

I have only seen the first part of "House of Flying Daggers" before I had to leave my brother-in-law's house, where it was playing. It looked really good though, and I want to check it out. "Thelma and Louise" I have seen, and pretty much feel exactly the same way as you do.