Tuesday, May 30, 2006

dirt and water

The weekend in the mountains was fantastic! Some fun trip facts:

1. Numerous creek crossings and I only fell in (just my feet) twice. Let's hear it for wet hiking boots!
2. The first part of the trail totally kicked my butt....I wish I were in better shape. But since I haven't actually backpacked in 10 years, I think I did pretty well.
3. The first part of the trail was also very overgrown and hard to follow; so, needless to say we got off the trail for a while. Thankfully, my hubby is pretty awesome with a compass and a map, so we found the trail just fine. Let's hear it for trail blazing!
4. staying at a nice bed and breakfast after a couple of days on the trail and before driving 6.5 hours is a fantastic idea. Ahhhhhh.....

Hopefully in a week or two I'll have some pictures to post.

2 comments:

lesley carroll said...

Amanda,
I have never checked your blog before - actually I have never checked anyone's blog before. But randomely today I did. How bizzarre is it that this past week you posted a comment about my shoes? I don't know how much work we had done on the house when you guys came by last summer...but just to put your mind at ease...The kitchen, library and curtains are all lime green (or chartreuse as I like to call it.) I will have to check your blog more often and see what you've been writing about me. He, he.
I'm really glad I read it. We went camping this weekend too. Not hiking though - well, we hiked, but not your kind of hiking. Ben grew up camping in and RV, so I have had to teach him what real camping is.
Just so you know, I have a show this weekend that my students and I have written together. It's called "A Double Shot of Boredom" it takes place in a coffee shop - I though you would like that.
- Lesley

Amanda W said...

Lesley!!! seeing your name and reading your post just brightened my day. I wish I could come down and see your show...sounds really good. And the curtains weren't up when we were at your house, but I can definitely picture them now. :)