Saturday, November 12, 2005

movies

Went to see "Brothers Grimm" last night at the dollar theater (it's kind of sad when I read my friend Jason's blog then come and write something about a movie that's been out for a while since it makes me feel behind the times. Oh well. :) . I have to say I enjoyed it, despite it's silliness and despite the fact that it wasn't widely liked. To me it had a similar tone to Van Helsing -- a fun, fantastical romp. "Van Helsing" just had a little bit darker tone and a little more action. Which is interesting because one friend that I went to see it with stood up afterword and basically said "what the heck was that" and not because he was impressed. Yet this same friend liked "Van Helsing" enough to own it. And the same reasons that he didn't like Brother's Grimm are the same reasons a lot of people didn't like "Van Helsing." I will never understand people.

I also rented "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" last weekend. Good movie, but another case of the book was better. But the actresses were awesome.

2 comments:

erinlo said...

You should be a movie critic. There have been so many movies you have recommended to Jeff and me and we always love them.

Amanda W said...

thanks!