Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Saw this at the dollar theater the other day and I have to admit I can't remember the last time i laughed so hard at a movie. Granted, I was in a very silly mood that night, but still. It tickled my funny bone anyway. A lot of that has to do with Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka who was pricelessly neurotic, crazy, and just plain silly. I didn't really enjoy the first Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. As a child, I found it just creepy. So if you love the original movie, you may hate this movie (a girl at work did). And the grandpa (who I last saw in Waking Ned Devine) was great as well. All the cast were very well chosen and their characters well-played. If you're in a silly mood and you haven't seen it yet...watch it!

No comments: