Tuesday, April 15, 2008

change?

Okay, I'll be honest. I left Waffle House buzzing, and not just from the copious amounts of sugar in my maple syrup-and-whipped-cream-topped French toast. After my conversation with Pete in the truck, it was as though the CD in my head that had been skipping on the same song for the past few months had finally fixed itself and was playing my favorite songs again. A tiny part of me entertained the idea that maybe Pete and I could work things out romantically speaking, but I shut that train of thought down pretty fast. Mostly because I knew that my level of trust for Pete was still pretty low. And partly because I knew that if Pete and I got back together, Kathleen would officially lose it. But SXSW was officially awesome and the band blew everyone's mind. So much so that John decided to stick around a while; the guys cleaned out the storeroom above the detached garage (which was air conditioned thanks to Phil's studio being the half of the above-garage space) for John to sleep in. When I asked John how long he was planning on staying he just smiled and said "Until it's time to go."
Pete was around more after we got back from the festival; there were nights when the rumble of his old Chevy woke me up just before the sun did, but for a few months at least things seemed back to normal. Sort of.

No comments: