Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ophelia

For those of you who aren't hurricane trackers, there's a little girl sitting off the east coast named Ophelia. She's a category 1 predicted to land really close to where I live on Tuesday. It's interesting to watch the response in light of Katrina. The North Carolina governor declared a state of emergency in order to call in the National Guard; one of the islands in the Outer Banks has issued mandatory evacuation; and people around town are stocking up on their hurricane supplies. I wonder how many hurricane seasons this uber-preparedness will last through.

On a different note-
Due to our move to North Carolina and a broken VCR, I missed a lot of Lost. In fact, I pretty much didn't watch the last third of the season. But I'm so excited that season 1 is out on DVD! I'm hoping to get it all in before the second season starts.

Oh, and the OC started last week. Yay! (my guilty pleasure, what can I say). The first episode was odd. Very non-first-episode, as someone on a message board put it. But still good, and leaving a lot of room for a good season. We'll see how it goes. Last season, while not as terrible as some would have you believe, had its dissapointments. But Trey is gone, Kirsten seems like her old self, Seth and Summer are together which can be good, Jimmy's around for at least a little while, and Julie is Julie.

No comments: